Caring for your LEO pieces
Here at LEO, we are highly conscious about creating pieces for our customers that they can treasure for years to come. This is why we sway more towards durable fabric such as linen and create trans-seasonal styles as much as possible. Ultimately, our end goal is for you to wear your LEO pieces again and again, for as long as possible – and thus creating each piece to truly embody the notion of timelessness.
In order to ensure this, we pre-wash and test run all our fabric before production so that our customers do not experience drastic changes after they wash & dry their new purchase, and to also allow our pieces to be washed and dried in as many ways as possible. Once purchased, we truly believe that it is important to take the time to take care of your garments. Please read below on how best to do this, and do email us at [email protected] if you have any more questions!
- Ideally, hand wash your linen garments in cold water (linen tends to shrink when exposed to heat so avoid high-temperature water)
- When hand washing, make sure to be gentle with the fabric – avoid pulling, wringing, twisting, and scrubbing
- If machine washing, make sure you wash it in cold water & on a gentle cycle – try to wash it alongside similar lightweight or delicate fabrics
- Use mild detergents only
- Avoid use of fabric softeners
- Avoid use of bleach
- Ideally, air/hang dry your linen pieces
- If tumble drying, make sure to do it on a low- or no-heat setting
- Remove from the dryer when still slightly damp to avoid the linen becoming stiff, and hang or lie flat to finish off the drying process
It would also be best to iron your garment while it’s still damp, to ensure all creases can be removed
Linen is a high quality material and therefore requires a little more care than usual, but once you get the hang of it, it not only gets easier but it’s also so worth it because you’ll be able to treasure the piece for many many years!